3033 N 44th StSte 300Phoenix, AZ 85018-7275

Trim Risk - Insurance for Landscapers

Call Us 800-956-4220

Call Us Today!

Home » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Trim Risk?

Established in 1999, Trim Risk is an insurance program designed for landscape contractors, lawn maintenance companies, nurseries and tree services that are based in Arizona. The program is exclusively available through Hill & Usher.

Who is Hill & Usher?

Hill & Usher is a retail insurance agency specializing in insuring landscapers and other contractors. We have the product, the carrier, the knowledge and the service landscapers can count on. Currently, Hill & Usher insures more than 100 Arizona landscapers and more than 4,000 other customers. Hill & Usher was recognized as Arizona’s #1 Insurance Broker by readers of Ranking Arizona.

Where do premiums start?

Minimum premiums begin at $1,000 per annual period.

How is my premium determined?

Premiums are determined by a number of factors, including: Your physical location; value of your insured equipment and other property; number of years in business; vehicle inventory; annual payroll volume; and previous history of claims.

What coverage is included in a Trim Risk policy?

Trim Risk is highly flexible and can accommodate operations of many sizes, so no package is quite the same. Most insured’s select a policy that includes General Liability, Commercial Automobile, Property and Tools & Equipment. Additional, optional coverages include Crime, Installation Floater, Nursery stock, and Excess Liability.

Who is eligible for coverage?

Any landscape installation contractor, maintenance contractor, nursery, or tree service based Arizona who also meets the carrier’s underwriting criteria. California, Nevada, and Utah operations may also be eligible.

What if I perform work other than landscaping?

Additional operations, including extruded curbing installation, snow removal, patio/masonry construction, and janitorial service may be eligible, but will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

How quickly may I activate coverage?

In most cases, a Hill & Usher representative will respond to your inquiry within 48 hours. We are certainly willing to handle urgent inquiries. Please contact 602-956-4220.

What do I need to provide Hill & Usher to obtain a quotation?

We need the following documents in order to provide you with a firm quotation: Supplemental application (see download applications); Loss History from your prior five years insurance companies (call us at 602-956-4220 for assistance with obtaining these); and copies of Automobile registration documents (so that we may notify the AZ Department of Motor Vehicles that you have valid insurance).

May I work on condominiums and tract housing developments?

Yes. Our standard policy does not exclude coverage for multi-family or single family new construction. Please contact our office to confirm your coverage if you have not discussed it with us already.

What if I do some design work in conjunction with my operations?

Our standard policy will include “Design” Errors & Omissions as part of your General Liability limit to protect you for your work in designing brick patios, swimming pools, water grades, and other installation projects. No coverage is provided automatically for design work not installed or constructed by you.

I am a licensed pesticide/herbicide applicator. Am I covered?

Yes. Trim Risk extends liability coverage to you for these operations.

I need a blanket Additional Insured endorsement. Is this available?

We automatically include a blanket additional insured endorsement for all premises operations, provided you contact us in advance of performing the work.

What is a Per Project Aggregate endorsement. Is this available in Trim Risk?

A per project aggregate endorsement modifies your General Liability policy so that you have a separate and distinct limit of coverage for each project upon which you work. For example, if you perform work at one location, and are sued for bodily injury, your per project aggregate will restore your limit of insurance for your next project. This valuable extension is included automatically in Trim Risk’s program provided you notify us of the project in advance.

Do you cover damage to Rented, Leased or Borrowed Equipment?

Most of our policies automatically extend coverage for rented or borrowed equipment at a limit of $10,000. Coverage may be increased for an additional premium.

How are my owned Tools and Equipment covered?

Typically, non-scheduled and miscellaneous tools valued under $1,000 are covered under a blanket limit of coverage, as specified in your policy. Larger, more valuable equipment may be scheduled on the policy at an actual cash value limit you specify.

Am I able to insure other property including computers, contents, stock, and plants awaiting installation?

Yes. These coverages may be added to your policy at any time. Please contact our office for further information.

Are Payment Plans Available?

Yes. A multitude of payment plans are available.

The descriptions of coverage provided to you on this website do not alter or replace the actual policy issued to your firm. For an exact explanation of coverage, please refer to the policy. In the event of a claim, the actual policy in force at the time the loss occurred will dictate coverage and limits.